As we get ready to leave Mexico and leave Lodos for the summer and hurricane season, it’s a bittersweet feeling. We are excited about the next months of adventures that await, but I know we’ll miss our daily life on the water. In fact, we already do. It’s been great to leave from San Carlos, as it’s not a place we particularly like, so we aren’t sad to leave.
We once thought we’d spend one season in the Sea of Cortez and keep heading head south, but now, I’m really happy that we’ll be here for another year! I haven’t gotten enough of its beauty and rich rich wildlife.
I will especially miss:
- Being at anchor reading, thinking and relaxing.
- Seeing dolphins, whales, turtles and mobula rays almost daily.
- Guacamole and churros.
- The routine of living and working on the boat.
- Sleeping 8 hours at a stretch – maybe for the first time in my life.
- Playing games and splashing around in the clear blue sea.
- The Mexican people & their generous, kind hospitality.
This ~5 months has raced by. We’ve learned so much, had so much fun, didn’t sink the boat, and we didn’t die. So, yeah, I guess it was a successful season. 😉
This week, we’re off to Dallas to celebrate a wedding, then onto London, Paris, Amsterdam and Turkey – adventures abound! Join us somewhere or consider joining us on Lodos when we get her back into the water in Mexico!